Your home’s air conditioner and furnace are two of the most essential components for maintaining it comfortably all year round. Having issues with either of these systems can make your home uncomfortable, and it can also negatively affect your health.
Many issues can happen with your air conditioning system. To avoid experiencing temperature swings, treat your air conditioning system as soon as possible. Doing so can help minimize the risk of breakdowns. There are several simple ways to fix an AC issue, and First Response Heating and Cooling offer the best solutions to these problems.
Read on to know some of the common issues with HVAC systems:
1) AC blows hot air: One of the most common reasons why people have problems with their AC units is that they only provide hot air. Before you can perform any repairs, make sure that your settings are correct. One of the first things you should do is replace your air filter. If the air filter is not working properly, you might be short on refrigerant. If so, it’s important to contact a professional to have the system’s reservoir refilled or repaired. Having low levels of refrigerant can also affect the system’s performance.
2) AC does not shut off: Once your filter gets dirty, it can block all of the air that’s going into your system, and it can cause it to overheat. A clogged filter will cause the system not to shut down and this will lead to an increase in the energy bill.
3) Uneven cooling inside the house: Some rooms need a lot of heat during the winter season to maintain their temperature the same as the rest of the house. On the other hand, if you’re noticing that certain rooms in your house are extremely cold, you might have a bigger problem than just the lack of heat. If you suspect that your house’s cooling system is not working properly, contact an air conditioning repair service in Brandon, FL.
4) Unusual noises from the HVAC system: The noises that a machine makes are one of the most unsettling things that can happen to you. If it’s making strange noises, it could be a sign that something is not right with the functioning. This could be a sign that something needs to be replaced, or it could be that the parts are getting worn out. Having a professional inspect and fix it will allow you to get back to running smoothly.
5) Leakage from the HVAC system: While it’s common for HVAC systems to produce a type of vapour known as condensation, there is a difference between leaks and condensation. The former is a sign that something is not working properly, and it can indicate that something is broken or has a clog. If you suspect that something might be leaking, contact an HVAC expert right away.
Getting the help of a reliable HVAC professional is the best way to avoid experiencing frequent air quality problems. At First Response Heating and Cooling, we will perform regular maintenance and repairs on your system. A basic repair can be very affordable if done properly. Call us today at (813)-756-3899 to schedule an appointment.