Many homeowners rely on HVAC systems to keep their homes comfortable all year-round. A functioning HVAC system can make your home comfortable and easier to maintain. Unfortunately, there are times when an HVAC system may be running but not cooling effectively, leaving homeowners stuck in the heat and wondering what to do.
At First Response Heating & Air, we specialize in HVAC repair in Riverview, Florida, and the surrounding areas. We have experienced technicians who can diagnose HVAC problems quickly and recommend solutions to get your system back on track. From regular maintenance to complete HVAC installation, we offer top-notch services at competitive prices. Contact us at (813) 756-3899 today!
Measures To Troubleshoot Your Malfunctioning HVAC System
Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can take if your HVAC system is running but not cooling:
- Check The Air Filter: One of the first things you should do when your HVAC system is running but not cooling is to check the air filter. A clogged air filter can block airflow and prevent your system from working efficiently. Replacing the air filter often solves this problem.
- Check The Thermostat: Make sure that your thermostat is set to “cool” and that the temperature setting is lower than the current room temperature. Also, check if the thermostat is set to “auto” rather than “on.” If the thermostat is not set correctly or malfunctioning, it may not send the correct signals to your HVAC system.
- Check The Refrigerant Levels: Low refrigerant levels can cause your HVAC system to run but not cool adequately. It is a problem that our professional HVAC technician should address. If you live in Riverview, Florida, contact our HVAC contractor immediately to avoid costly repairs.
- Check For Blocked Airflow: Check for any obstructions or blockages preventing airflow through your system. It includes debris around the outdoor condenser unit or furniture blocking air vents inside your home.
- Check For Duct Leaks: Leaks in your ductwork can reduce the efficiency of your HVAC system and prevent it from cooling your home. If you suspect your ducts are leaking, you can immediately contact one of our professionals for an HVAC repair in Riverview, FL, and the surrounding areas.
- Check For Issues With The Outdoor Unit: If you have an outdoor unit, check to ensure it is running correctly. It includes checking for any visible damage, such as bent fins or debris, and ensuring that it receives proper airflow.
Call The Specialists To Troubleshoot Your HVAC System
If you’ve tried troubleshooting steps and your HVAC system is still not cooling correctly, it’s time to call our professionals at First Response Heating & Air. Our trained and experienced HVAC technician will be able to accurately diagnose the issue and provide a solution.
Contact us at (813) 756-3899 today to schedule an appointment with our HVAC contractor in Riverview, FL. We look forward to helping you enjoy a comfortable and safe living environment. Let us take care of all your HVAC repair needs!