Air ducts are an essential part of all ducted HVAC systems. They are the pipes connected and installed throughout the house walls. The air ducts circulate air in all the rooms through air vents. The air duct can also get dirty and require air duct cleaning.
The air duct generally lasts up to 25 years, but due to health and indoor air quality concerns, one should get the duct system replaced after 15 years.
1. Why is air duct cleaning necessary?
Air duct cleaning in Lakeland, FL, includes cleaning all the equipment interconnected with ductwork. The ducts, air register, blower, drip pan, etc., get cleaned during the air duct cleaning process. This process consumes 2-4 hours and can cost you around $500 or even more than this in some cases.
A clean duct is a must to improve indoor air quality and save yourself from various health issues. As an air duct is responsible for air circulation in the house, an uncleaned duct will circulate toxic and polluted air.
Mold, germs, harmful gasses, etc., are the components that grow in the ductwork if it lacks cleaning every three years.
There are several consequences of poor indoor air quality are:
- Respiratory disease
- Problem in breathing
- Fever, cold, and cough
- Skin problems
- Itching, rashes, etc.
- Vision-related problems
Moreover, air duct cleaning increases the efficiency of the HVAC system.
As it saves you and your family from various diseases and improves overall HVAC performance, air duct cleaning becomes an unavoidable part of HVAC maintenance. We should take care of indoor and outdoor air quality to experience a better future.
The process of a professional air duct cleaning:
One should consult only a professional for air duct cleaning because of the requirement for various expensive cleaning equipment and in-depth air duct cleaning knowledge. The process of cleaning includes:
- First, a technician will inspect the duct system. After this, he will decide which air duct cleaning method your house ductwork requires.
- Next, the technician will remove all the dirt, dust, debris, etc., using a vacuum to prevent them from spreading into the house.
- After this, the professional will clean the duct walls using a brush or a vacuum to prevent the accumulation of pollutants, bacteria, and other harmful particles inside the air ducts. Other HVAC components also receive cleaning after this.
- After cleaning the air duct and HVAC unit, the technician will inspect ducts again to verify everything is right.
There is no better and more reliable HVAC company in Lakeland, FL, than First Response Heating and Cooling. We offer all the HVAC services, indoor air quality services, and high-quality HVAC equipment in Plant City, FL. Whatever concerns you have regarding your HVAC system, let us know and feel free to schedule service with First Response Heating and Cooling LLC.