As the temperatures rise, so does the cost of keeping your home cool. Running your air conditioner non-stop during the summer can lead to sky-high electricity bills, but there are ways to reduce costs without sacrificing comfort.
At First Response Heating & Air, we’re committed to helping you keep your home cool while conserving energy. We are a reputed AC company in Riverview, FL, and the surrounding areas, and our team of experts offers these six tips for reducing electricity costs:
- Schedule Regular Maintenance: One of the best ways to ensure your air conditioner runs efficiently is by scheduling regular maintenance appointments with professionals. Our professional technicians can clean and inspect your unit to make sure it’s running at peak performance. This can reduce the strain on your unit and reduce the amount of energy it uses.
- Invest in a Programmable Thermostat: A programmable thermostat is an easy way to save money on your electricity bill. It allows you to program your air conditioner to turn off or adjust the temperature when you’re not at home or during the night when you’re sleeping. This can reduce your unit’s energy when you don’t need it.
- Use Fans to Circulate Air: Using ceiling fans, or portable fans, can help circulate the air in your home and reduce the strain on your air conditioning unit. Fans can make you feel cooler without lowering the temperature on your thermostat. This means your air conditioner doesn’t have to work as hard to keep your home comfortable.
- Keep Your Unit Clean: A dirty air conditioning unit can make your unit work harder than it needs to. Keep the outdoor unit clean and debris-free, such as leaves or twigs. Ensure to replace the air filter regularly. A clogged filter can restrict airflow and make your unit work harder.
- Seal Your Home: If your home has air leaks, it can allow cool air to escape and warm air to enter. Your air conditioner may need to work more to maintain a suitable temperature. Seal any air leaks around doors, windows, and other openings. You can use weather stripping or caulk to seal gaps.
- Consider Upgrading to a More Energy-Efficient Unit: If your air conditioning unit is old and outdated, consider upgrading to a more energy-efficient unit. Newer units are designed to use less energy while keeping your home cool and comfortable. You may also be eligible for rebates or tax incentives for upgrading to a more energy-efficient unit
Call Us Today For Assistance
We understand the importance of keeping your air conditioning unit running efficiently. That’s why we offer comprehensive maintenance services to keep your unit running at peak performance. Our experienced technicians can help you reduce your electricity bill and keep your home comfortable all year round. Contact First Response Heating & Air, a trusted and professional air conditioning company servicing Riverview, FL, and the surrounding areas. We’re here to help you with all your heating and cooling needs.