Are you experiencing any issues with your air conditioning system? Is it not cooling or heating as it used to, or maybe it’s making strange noises? It could be due to a faulty installation – and if that’s the case, First Response Heating & Air can help. We are one of the leading AC companies in Lakeland, FL, and the surrounding areas providing top-notch AC installation services. Our professionals have years of experience and can quickly diagnose and repair any issue related to an improperly installed air conditioning system. Call us today to schedule an appointment.
Here are the top five air conditioning problems caused by faulty installations:
- Improper Charging: If your air conditioning unit was not charged properly during installation, it won’t be able to cool your home efficiently. This can lead to decreased airflow, uneven temperatures across rooms, and even refrigerant leaks, which can significantly reduce your unit’s life span.
- Poor Equipment Location: One mistake many contractors make while installing air conditioners is using improper locations for equipment placement. This can lead to higher energy bills due to extra strain on coils and pumps and undersized units that have difficulty cooling down large areas properly.
- Leaky Ductwork: Leaky ductwork is one of the most common problems associated with substandard air conditioning installations. Over time, air leakage from the ducts will cause an imbalance between the indoor and outdoor air pressure, which leads to an increase in energy bills. If you don’t act fast, this could also damage your air conditioning unit.
- Incorrect Wiring: Incorrect wiring is a common problem with faulty air conditioning installations and can cause severe damage to your unit if it is not corrected in time. Incorrect wiring can affect the performance of fan motors, thermostats, and other components that rely on electrical connections for optimal operation. If the voltage used for connecting these parts is inadequate or wires are connected incorrectly, this can result in overheated motors and other serious problems. These problems could reduce energy efficiency or break down the entire unit if left unchecked for too long.
- Poor Insulation: Poor insulation around coolant lines can also cause significant issues with your air conditioning system. Leaky or insufficient insulation means higher energy costs since the cold refrigerants will easily escape from those lines, resulting in lower overall efficiency ratings for your unit. This issue can also contribute to ice forming on evaporator coils leading to operational severe concerns such as reduced airflow or blocked drain lines from unnecessary frost buildup in some cases.
If you’re having any issues with your air conditioning unit or suspect it was installed incorrectly by an inexperienced contractor, contact First Response Heating & Air today – one of the best air conditioning companies in Lakeland, Florida, and the surrounding areas. We can examine the situation thoroughly and provide reliable solutions quickly. We also provide financing options to ensure minimal air conditioning installation costs. Call us today and let us help you get the most from your cooling system!