Air conditioning units are essential to any home, providing cool and comfortable temperatures during the hot summer months. However, sometimes unexpected issues can arise, and your AC unit may suddenly stop working. It can be frustrating and stressful, but there are steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve the issue.
If you find yourself in this dilemma, consider reaching out to the experts at First Response Heating & Air. Our team of experienced technicians provides 24-hour AC repair service in Lakeland, FL, and the surrounding areas. We perform fast and efficient service to keep your home comfortable all year round. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Tips For Resolving An Issue With AC Unit
Here are some tips for troubleshooting and resolving an air conditioning unit that has suddenly stopped working:
- Check The Air Filter: A dirty air filter can cause airflow restrictions, which can cause the AC to stop working. Replace the air filter regularly to avoid this problem.
- Check The Thermostat: Ensure that the thermostat is set to the correct temperature and that the mode is set to “cool.” If the thermostat batteries are low, this can also cause the AC to stop working.
- Check The Circuit Breaker: Your air conditioning unit may have tripped a circuit breaker. Locate the electrical panel and look for a tripped breaker switch. If you find one, switch it off, then back on again to see if the AC starts working.
- Check The Condenser Unit: The condenser unit is located outside the house, and it could be dirty, clogged, or the fan could not work. Make sure that the unit is clean and that the fan is running.
- Check The Compressor: If the compressor is not running, it could indicate a problem with the electrical connections, or the compressor itself. If you suspect a problem with the compressor, it’s best to call our professional technician for emergency AC repair service in Lakeland, FL, to prevent damage to the unit.
- Check The Refrigerant Levels: Low refrigerant levels can cause the air conditioner to stop working. It is a job for a professional, as it requires special equipment and training to handle refrigerants.
- Check The Ductwork: If the ductwork is damaged or leaking, it can cause the air conditioning unit to not work correctly. Check for visible signs of damage or leaks and call a professional to repair or replace any damaged parts.
Try these simple troubleshooting steps, and you can fix the problem yourself. However, if you need help with what to do or if the problem persists, contact the experts at First Response Heating & Air. We have the knowledge and experience to quickly diagnose and repair any issue with your air conditioning unit.
Trust The Professionals At First Response Heating & Air
Among all the AC companies in Lakeland, FL, and the surrounding areas, First Response Heating & Air professionals provide excellent customer service with honest, reliable, and quality work. Our technicians are well-trained and experienced in all AC repair services, from minor issues to full-system replacements. Contact us today and let our team of experts provide the best solution for your air conditioning unit.